Skip to main content
Question

How do I schedule and limit RSS Feed sharing on Twitter via Buffer?

• 24 July 2024
  • 7 replies

Hi,

I’m seeking a way to have an RSS Feed shared on Twitter (through Buffer of course). However, I don’t want my X posts to come off as spam and I don’t want it to share every single news item. Ideally, I would like the zap to initiate in the mornings and stop sharing at a specific time. 

I’ve tried the delay but all that does is delay when the news feed is sent (it still sends ALL the news from the feed).

Right now, I’m manually turning it off at 9 am but there has to be an easier way. I’m wondering if I can have it stop each day at 9 am CST OR stop after it has shared a certain number of news items (5).

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Googs717 

Guide:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Googs717 

Storage Zap app (Increment Value) can be used as a Counter followed by a Filter step.

You can use another Zap to reset the key value to 0 each day.

Amazing Troy… I will try it out! Thank you for the quick response!

I’m having a little trouble knowing what to enter for “key”

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Googs717,

As for the key field you can use as what the screenshot is showing. Let us know if you have further question.

Thanks.

Thank you! Unfortunately, it does not give me the “every day” option. As an RSS feed, it only gives me this as an option. I’ve tried multiple values in the drop down list but none of them pass the test. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Googs717,

It looks like the trigger on the screenshot is using Schedule by Zapier which I believe is not applicable to you since you’re using a RSS trigger. What I would suggest is following this instructions instead:

Hopefully, this helps.