Best answer

How do I save email attachments as separate files in an Evernote note instead of a zip file?

• 12 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi all!

I have a specific e-mail address where I receive invoices. I would like to automatically save these invoices into a specific Evernote notebook. I can do this manually by fowarding the email to my Evernote and append to the subject line "@notebookName". But I could not find an email rule that allows me to do this. So I tried Zappier.

I was able to create a Zap to do this, but the problem I'm facing is that all attachments in the e-mail are saved into the Evernote note as a Zip file. This happens using the specific Evernote App or the Email App.

I would like to save all files separate and in the same note in Evernote. Just as if I forward an email into Evernote. 

Hope someone has faced this before and found a solution.

If onlye Evernote would allow a specific email address for each notebook, like slack does, it would make life a lot easer...

icon

Best answer by Danvers 12 August 2022, 16:18

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @eduardoe!

If you use Gmail, you can use the trigger New Attachment. This will trigger for each attachment on an email, so each file will be go through the Zap separately, as opposed to all in one zip file. 

Will that work for you here, or do you use a different email provider? 

Hi @Danvers thanks for the repply. We use Zoho Mail here.

Ideally I would like all attachments in a single note in Evernote. But I think this solution will work since I can filter to work with PDFs files, which are 99% of the cases.

I can forward my Zoho emails into a fake gmail account and then use the New Attachment trigger.

I will give it a try. Thanks again.