Question

How do I safely automate client tasks from various platforms into my Google Calendar?

• 23 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m a freelance writer. I want to use Zapier to automatically pull tasks from my clients’ project management boards (ClickUp, Airtable, monday.com, Trello etc.) into my own task management system (create an event on Google Calendar, ideally).

However, I’m struggling. It seems like I can use Zapier to pull a task from a workspace/platform/board I own into another system, but it seems like I would need to be the owner of both systems. I’m worried that trying to do this will mess up/impact my client’s boards. Is there a way to do this without it bothering/affecting my clients? 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Rosie C 

Good question.

Best would be for each client to have their own Zapier account that you then configure to send data to your Zapier account to then handle as you desire.

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Troy Tessalone ! But I can’t require clients to set up Zapier accounts to suit me! :) Is there a way to set this up without involving/making demands of my clients? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Rosie C 

You’d need to be able to connect the necessary accounts to a Zapier account in order to configure Zaps.

Or somehow get notified via email to then do email parsing from those apps.