Skip to main content

I have a simple loop that adds items from a webhook to a table. 

How do I add another action AFTER the looping has completed? In the below screenshot I want to add a “step 5” that is OUTSIDE of the loop that encompasses steps 2-4.

Hi @JFulfordMS 

Check the Looping help link for guidance on how to do that: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help

I’ve read through the documentation and it appears that any additional actions added to the Zap will be a child action of the loop, but using the filter and loop_iteration_is_last is True, it will only run once. 

I don’t want my Action step 5 to be included in the loop, is that not possible or do any subsequent actions have to be included in the loop?

To me, as a developer, that doesn’t seem to be a very clean or intuitive way to handle a loop that has completed its iterations.

@JFulfordMS 

How do I stop a loop from running in subsequent action steps?

All actions after the looping step will run for each iteration of the loop. If you don’t want an action step to loop:

• After the last step you want to loop, add a filter step.
  • Set the filter to only continue if the value loop_iteration_is_last matches the (Boolean) Is True condition.

The filter will run in every loop but will only pass in the last loop. Any actions step after the filter will run once in the last loop and use only 1 task.

miscEye icon Note

If you want an action step to only run once, add it before the looping step, if possible. This will use less tasks and the filter step won’t be needed.

@JFulfordMS 

Another options would be to use Paths: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288555917

• Path A for Looping Line Items
  • Path B for other

Hi @JFulfordMS,

We just wanted to see how everything is going with your Zap. Did Troy's recommendation get the job done? Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance with your Zap. We're glad to address any concerns and assist you.

We're looking forward to your response.