Skip to main content
Question

How do I resolve the '!' issue in the [From Name] and [Subject] buttons for automatic email acknowledgements?

• 1 June 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi May i know what is the reason there is a “!” in the button tFrom Name] and a Subject] . 

the background is we want auto to acknowledge the email from certain email address . and we would like to add in the original email subject in the acknowledge email but seems like not work ,please help to advise what i should do?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @EKOH 

That means the mapped variable is invalid.

You may need to remap the variables from previous Zap steps.

Hi Troy

Thank you for your reply.

Can you guide me how to map in order to show the original email subject in the acknowledge email that we knowledge to sender?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@EKOH

Help article to follow:

https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action

Use the ‘Custom’ tab.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @EKOH,

We just wanted to see how everything is going with your Zap. Did Troy's recommendation get the job done? Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance with your Zap. We're glad to address any concerns and assist you.

We're looking forward to your response.

Hi James, actually, I am trying to use ChatGPT to reply to emails based on certain subjects. However, it has not been successful. I am not sure if you can try using ChatGPT to automatically reply to the sender. Enclosed are the requirements and purpose for the Zap that I want to set up.

I hope you can provide me with some guidance.