Question

How do I resolve the data concatenation issue from BigQuery to Bubble using Zapier?

• 14 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello I'm facing a challenge with a Zap I've set up to transfer data from Google BigQuery to Bubble. I've encountered an issue where the data fields are being concatenated into long strings rather than being mapped as individual fields in the 'Create Thing in Bubble' action.

Issue in Detail:

• The fields 'Name', 'Major Category', and 'Mid Category' are combining into a single string of data.
  • This occurs when triggering the "Create Thing in Bubble" action.
  • Instead of distinct values for each field, they are concatenated (e.g., "value1,value2,value3" instead of separate entries).

Expected Outcome:

• I expect to see each BigQuery field transferred as a unique field in Bubble, maintaining their discrete values.

Steps I've Taken:

• Confirmed the correct structure of data in BigQuery.
  • Attempted to use Zapier's Formatter to split the string, which did not resolve the issue.
  • Checked mappings in the 'Create Thing in Bubble' action, which seem correct.

I'm reaching out to see if anyone has encountered a similar issue and to learn how it might be resolved. Is there a known method within Zapier to ensure that data is not concatenated during the transfer process?

Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time and help!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @shema,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Also, could you please share a screenshot of how the data is being concatenated into long strings? We might need to add a formatter steps depending what the data looks like when mapping them to the action step.

Thanks!

Thank you for the warm welcome and for your willingness to help @ken.a 

As requested, I've attached two screenshots for better clarity:

1. The first screenshot is from the Google BigQuery test output within Zapier. It shows the fields that are being extracted correctly, with distinct values for 'Name', 'Major Category', and 'Mid Category'.

1. The second screenshot is from the 'Create Thing in Bubble' action test result. Here, you can see that the values from BigQuery are being concatenated into a single string under the 'Body' field in Bubble, rather than mapping as separate fields.

I'm not sure why this concatenation is occurring as the data seems to be correct before it reaches Bubble. Could there be a formatting issue within the Zap that I might be overlooking? Any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you once again for your assistance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @shema,

I appreciate the detailed explanation.

However, it looks like the screenshot you sent didn’t went through. Would you mind sharing them again with me?

5b08ef1a137e6bf17d2a03190bb0177d.png
(view larger)

Thanks!