Question

How do I record the course start date to a date field in Mailchimp when someone buys my course?

• 18 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone..

How do I create a Zap so that when someone is tagged in Mailchimp (they’ve bought a course) I can add a specific date of my choosing (course start date) to a date field in Mailchimp?

This would then trigger an automation so that people get sent emails about the course based on the course date rather than when they bought it!

If anyone knows how to set that up in mC too that would be great!  My brain is spinning trying to understand all the help documents!

Thanks

Ellen

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @EllenCoomber , 

Just want to clarify a couple of things: 

1. The course date is not set when they do the purchasing?
  2. Are there multiple courses? 

What I would personally do is have a database of all the students whom bought the course (an Airtable where you link the student to the course would be a great idea) and then based on the course start date you can send emails (using Looping by Zapier) to every student individually

Does that help? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi there @EllenCoomber - just a friendly check in to see how you’re progressing with @MohSwellam ‘s suggestion above? Let us know if there is anything else we can support you with!