Best answer

How do I receive SMS alerts when an online registration is submitted via a webform?

• 15 February 2023
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1

I have an online custom registration webform project and want to get sms alert once a registration form is submitted. Kindly help me.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by christina.d 23 February 2023, 22:51

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Oghogho 

Good question.

What form app are you using?

Try using SMS by Zapier to send self notifications.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Heya @Oghogho! Welcome to the Zapier community - we’re so stoked to have you.

We’d love to help and a lot of the answer will be dependent on the apps you’re using. It sounds like you have a form app you’re currently using so I’d recommend checking to see if it’s listed here. If not, here’s a blog article on some of the more common online form apps - all of which have a Zapier integration. 🙂 

Troy recommended the SMS by Zapier for the text portion which sounds like it’ll be great for your use case. Alternatively here’s some of the SMS/Phone apps we offer if you’re interested in doing some research on what will best suit your needs.

I’ll also pop some resources below that may be useful if you’re just getting started with Zapier:

I hope some of this helps! 🧡

Userlevel 1

So much thanks guys. My custom registration webform is hand coded in PHP and I am not using any apps. I still counting on you for help.

Thanks in anticipation

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Oghogho

Was the website hand coded as well? Or is it built using an app like Wordpress or one of the other website builder apps listed here? If it’s built on one of the website builder apps we currently support then you might be able to use that app as the trigger for the Zap. 

Alternatively, are you able to get the form able to send a webhook with the necessary registration details? If so, then you could potentially use a Catch Hook (Webhooks by Zapier) trigger for the Zap, followed by a Send SMS (SMS by Zapier) action. More details please see our Trigger Zaps from webhooks guide.

Or does the PHP form send out an email notification each time the form is submitted? If so, you could set up a Zap to trigger on those email notifications instead. In which case there’s a number of different email apps you could use for that here: supported email apps.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will work. Please do let us know how you get on with this!

Userlevel 1

Thanks! I will try the suggestions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Great! Looking forward to hearing how it goes, @Oghogho. Best of luck! 😁

Userlevel 1

Thanks for being there for me. The website is hand coded and I seem to be confused on what to actually do since I am new to zapier. Kindly show me how to accomplish this project.

How to get sms notification once a webform is submitted. Thanks in anticipation.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey there @Oghogho , sorry to hear you’re still a little lost, I can appreciate that it’s confusing to get started. Some of our suggestions are based around what apps you are trying to connect, and how you’re planning on setting up your notifications and forms. 

Can you share with us a printscreen (with any personal info removed) of what you have so far and where you’re getting stuck? It’s difficult for us to give you an exact “recipe” of the Zap without knowing what methods you’d like to use for delivery and setup, but we if we see what you’ve built so far we can troubleshoot with you. 

Also as Sam shared above, the reading on Trigger Zaps from webhooks guide should be of help as you’re getting set up. Looking forward to hearing from you -Rachael

Userlevel 1

So much thanks Rachael. My webform is hand coded in PHP and the method is POST. Now, I intend that when a user submit this form, I should receive an sms notification upon a successful submission. See the form link: https://www.kfi4all.com/bookings/session.php

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey there @Oghogho  - I see you have your form all set up, can you show us what your Zap looks like so far? It would be helpful to see where you’re at with that part so we can troubleshoot where you’re getting stuck with the setup (we can’t send you a blank Zap template, because there are just too many options that would potentially work). 

Thanks, and looking forward to hearing your reply. -Rachael

Userlevel 1

You're so sweet, and thanks!

My challenge exactly is that I am new to zap, and my basic reason of being here is to solve the problem of getting notified once a form is submitted. Then, to explore how zapier could help get other needs done. Now, my question is what are the steps to creating zap and implementing it to solve my problem?

Helping out will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I’d recommend jumping in, building, and testing this out! It can seem daunting at first but it looks like Sam offered up some wonderful recommendations to get you started. Oftentimes, even with our super savvy users, trial and error is a huge part of the zap building process.

With Zapier being a self-serve product, we do have ton of great resources I’d highly recommend checking out.

Once you’ve started and are getting stuck along the way, please don’t hesitate to ask in the forums! We have a lot of great humans in the Zapier community who are willing to lend a hand.

I do want to be fully transparent, if you are considering using Webhooks by Zapier this is considered a more advanced approach. As a result, any support, whether here in the community or with Zapier support, is limited. If you’re open to taking on that challenge though here’s a few resources to get you started:

Of course, we recognize time is precious and if you’d rather not fuss with any of this, we totally understand! In that case, you can always look into hiring a Zapier Expert to take this on for you. 🙂

Thanks again for reaching out and happy zapping!

Userlevel 1

Thanks in a million, I will heed your advice and work out something.