Question

How do I push the information we receive from Google Sheets in two different directions?

• 28 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi! We are trying to push the information that we are receiving in Google sheets two different directions. (If they say yes I want them to go into one group in Agency elephant, if they say no I want them to be zapped into another)

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Lindsey! 

How do you want to determine where the data goes? Is it a column in the Google Sheet, or is it something different? I’m assuming a column for this answer, but let me know if it’s something else.

First, you’ll need to set up a trigger to be Google Sheet’s “New or Updated Spreadsheet Row”

You’ll key off the data in the column (Yes/No values) to decide what to do with it. There are a few ways to do this:

1. Simplest would be to use a Paths action that puts them into 1 group in the case of Yes values and a different group in the case of No values. That said, Paths are only available on the Professional plan and higher. If you’re not on this plan, then you could:
  2. Create 2 different zaps that both start with the same Google Sheets trigger. Use a filter step in one zap to filter for “Yes” values and then send those to one group. Use a different filter in the other zap to filter for “No” values and then send those to the other group
Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi there @Lyndsey Murphy - was @michaeltoth ‘s help enough to get you to the finish line of your Zap? You can always share screenshots (with any personal info removed!) if you’re still getting stuck. Otherwise, we hope you have a Zap that works for you! 

Let us know either way- 

Rachael