Skip to main content

I’m using the “New Pushed Message” as slack trigger, and the action is to create a new database item on notion. How do I include all message thread from the push message, and images included?

Hi @kaiteng,

Welcome to the Community. 

To include all message threads and images from a push message in Zapier, capture the "Thread TS" field in your Slack trigger, then use the "Get Thread Replies" action in Zapier with the captured "Thread TS." 

You may need a "Formatter" step to structure the data for Notion. Set up a Notion action to use the  "Get Thread Replies" data and ensure Slack captures files for image inclusion in Notion. 

Let us know if this helps you jump-start your Zap.

Hi @JammerS,

I don’t think it is working out. Can you explain step by step on how to get that result?

Right now, my trigger event is “New Pushed Message, but I don’t see any way to add the “Thread TS” field in the trigger. My action event is “Retrieve Slack Messages”, and for the configure stage I selected a channel and thread timestamp (Is there any way to select all channels?). My next action step is “Create Database Item” in Notion (can you explain more on how to setup the “Formatter”?).

So far the outcome of this Zap is I’m able to push my messages to the database, but it does not include the thread message or any attachments. 

Please get back to me as soon as possible. Thank you.

Hi @kaiteng,

Can you please share the screenshot of your Zap so we can troubleshoot it further? Kindly make sure to obscure any sensitive information within the screenshot for security purposes. Thank you.

Hi @JammerS,

Thank you for your help so far, it’s too frustrating using this software and I’ve decided to stop using it altogether. I still really appreciate your help. 

Hi @kaiteng,

We understand. You can reach us anytime if you need anything about your Zapier needs. You can contact our Support team for further assistance if everything is too complicated so we can address it as soon as possible.