Skip to main content

Hi, i have a working zap for gsheets-gmail, whenever a row is updated. I constantly get a bunch of zaps by mistake when the sheet is sorted, organized etc.. (seperate post)

I was thinking it would do email lookup to help with the tons of emails and confusion on which was the latest info. 

But, when i do that, it wasnt finding the email. 

I use my googlesheets account, but when the email is generated, its coming from a differnt email (instead of mine otherwise it was going straight to inbox). but, still, its not looking for a previous email with same subject line and just creates a new email instead (after i clicked that option). 

What am i doing wrong?

Hi @danielle879235 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

Now, looking closer, is it because i want it to to find a subject line that keeps changing? The email subject should read “Route XXX driver has changed to (name of the driver)” Since the initial goal of the zap is to alert us if there a driver change, all the words up until to” will stay constant and only the driver name should change. Is that why it wont trigger a zap? Would the info need to be in the body of the email rather than the subject?

@danielle879235 

For GSheets to be used in Zaps, they must be configured as a flat file.

• Row 1 with Headers.
  • Value in Cell A1.
  • No hidden rows/columns
  • No grouped rows/columns
  • No gap rows/columns

NOTE: Zap trigger being used will trigger for NEW rows AND for UPDATED rows.

You may want to add a Filter as Step 2 to only have the Zap continue if certain row cell values match conditions.

The Zap action in Step 2 being used will FIND an existing Gmail email OR Send a new Gmail email IF NO existing Gmail email is found for the search criteria. (not sure if that’s your desired logic)

In your screenshots, the mapped variables in Step 2 from Step 1 have a value of “No Data”.

Check to make sure the selected Zap trigger step example record selected has values for those column cells.