Skip to main content
Question

How do I prevent duplicate Sales Opportunities for existing Contacts in Zapier?

• 7 June 2024
  • 7 replies

Hi. I have a problem with automating contacts entering PipeDrive. I want to create automation so that before a new contact is created and then a new sales opportunity is created, I would like the automation to verify whether there is an open sales opportunity for a given customer. If there is an open sales opportunity - do not open a new one, just close the automation and do nothing. When there is no open sales opportunity for a customer, create a new sales opportunity. I have a problem with the fact that after setting everything up, the verification of open sales opportunities doesn't work properly. Even though there is an open sales opportunity for the customer - automation creates another one (and it is supposed to stop). I used GPT's and followed its instructions, but it still opens up more sales opportunities for this user. What is wrong ? How to solve this problem ?
I am attaching screenshots of the set automation
This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Maciej S 

In Step 4, select a field to search by from the dropdown list, then map a value to the other field for the value to search by.

Userlevel 1

Can you send more information ? I don’t understand what to do.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Maciej S

Like this…

For Field to Search By select a value from the dropdown list.

Then map the variable with the value to search by in the corresponding field that shows.

Userlevel 1

But now something is not working correctly. I followed the guidelines, but the lead is not entering the CRM. During the test, everything works fine, but when I enter a lead into GetResponse, the lead is not created in the CRM (it used to be created).

How can this be resolved?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Maciej S 

If your Zap is ON, then check your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each step to help you trace the data flow and troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Otherwise, we would need to see updated screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode to have current context.

Userlevel 1

In history it’s look like this :

Zap create person - but deal is not open, and he stops create new deal. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Maciej S 

Different capitalizations

• open
  • Open