Skip to main content
Question

How do I prevent duplicate file uploads in Google Drive from Airtable record updates?

• 9 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I currently have an automation set up to upload a file from a specific column in an airtable record into a Google Drive folder.

However, the automation is currently set to run every time there is a new or updated airtable record, and upload the file if a file exists in the applicable column.

These are records that I am continually updating, so I am getting duplicate uploads of the file every time I adjust a different field in the records.

Is there a way to have the automation not run after the file has successfully been transferred once? Or set the automation to only run when that specific field in the record is updated as opposed to the entire record being created or updated?

Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @abcosb 

Try adding another field to your Airtable Base Table that you update after you upload the file to GDrive the first time.

Then you can use that field as a filter condition on subsequent Zap Runs to prevent the file from being uploaded to GDrive again.