Skip to main content
Question

How do I populate subitem columns in Zapier when creating Monday.com subitems?

Am I doing something wrong here? I am creating a zap that goes into a certain board & creates a subitem under a specific (item)..

However for some reason I cannot see the columns I have created, under that specific item. (Subitem Columns) it just shows the name of the subitem as the only column I can edit.. No corresponding columns.

I want to also update 2 of the columns that exist within the sub item. But I cannot. 

What am I doing wrong here? Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Ali3332 

Try this…

Select an existing Item from the dropdown list

See if that exposes the Subitem columns

If yes, then configure those

Then map the dynamic Item Name variable again

Hi @Troy Tessalone,

I’m looking for a similar solution. Tried yours but no luck I’m afraid. 

I’m able to select the item name coming from monday and I also allows me to select a subitem name, however I don’t see an option to map any fields to subitem columns. Any other suggustions?

Thanks!

Jimé

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jime 

Please clarity with more screenshots with Monday Zap action you are trying to use.

Hi @Troy Tessalone, thanks for the quick followup. See below the zap action setup.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jime 

To provide full context, post screenshots showing which Monday Event you are using from the “App & Event” tab.

Help article about mapping variables to dropdowns: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241696141-Add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-Zaps

Hi @Troy Tessalone I’m using ‘new order’ for Shopify.

And 

Create item for Monday

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jime 

NOTE: Make sure to update to the newest version of the Shopify Zap app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jime 

You may need to use another Zap action: Monday - Create Subitem

Map the Item ID to the Subitem step.

@Troy Tessalone thanks for the quick followup. This allows me to add subitems to the item, but just the subitem names. I would like to add additional subitem data to the subitem columns (see below - quantity, price per unit etc)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jime 

Try adding this Zap action: Monday - Change Multiple Columns Value

Map the Subitem ID to the Item ID field.