Skip to main content

Hi,

I’m trying to create an automation that populates the fields in a Google sheets when a Jira issue is updated to a certain status.

It generally works fine with most of the fields. However, I have trouble getting it to populate specifically the fields that are chosen in a drop down menu in Jira (custom fields), the summary, and the description.

The other custom fields that are just an URL or text are populated in Google Sheets exactly as it should.

Has anyone experienced anything similar and can you help me resolve this issue?

Thank you!

Hi @caitlin.pedersen 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode along with specific examples of the issues you are having with configuring the Zap.

Hi @Troy Tessalone,

These are my Zap steps:

These are some of the actions that I set up for it to know which fields in Jira to populate the Sheets with:

This is the Jira that I used for testing:

Here is what it looks like in Sheets:

It is missing the summary/name, the description, the learning summary, status, and the attributes that are chosen in a drop down menu in Jira (touchpoint, audience, and primary KPI). As you can see, I tried to set the sheets to be a dropdown menu with the same options as well, which didn’t work either.

Hope you can help!

Thank you.

Hi @caitlin.pedersen 

Many of the variables mapped from Jira have a value of “No data”.

Make sure to select and test with a sample record from the Jira Zap trigger step 1 that had a value populated for those custom fields.

Help about Zap trigger test example records: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496310366093-Change-the-test-record-in-your-Zap-trigger

You can also test by turning the Zap ON and testing live.

Then check the Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each step to help you trace the data flow and troubleshoot.

https://zapier.com/app/history/

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Thank you.

That makes a lot of sense and it worked no problem!

That’s great news @caitlin.pedersen! A huge thanks to Troy for pointing you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗