Question

How do I parse Google Sheets row by row to input new clients?

• 18 August 2023
  • 6 replies

I receive google sheets of potential clients for my business and I would like to create a zap that inputs all of them in my program I use. I have already used a zap to parse emails into my program but these sheets span hundreds of entries and the google sheet actions only seem to work when a single new row has been added or updated. 

I want to be able to pull all 3 of these potential clients. 

I can include any other needed screenshots, of failed attempts or anything else needed.

Would it work if I just manual changed a fourth cell? The sheets have multiple pages with the product that each client is interested in, I could mass copy paste to update the cells

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Mish_S 

Good question.

In the GSheet add another column with a common value to be used as the lookup value. (e.g. YES/NO)

Try these steps…

• Action: GSheets - Lookup Rows
  • Action: Looping - Create Loop from Line Items
  • Action: ???

Thank you @Troy Tessalone, I have been able to parse a row into my system.

This is the current loop process, is this the right path forward if I want to parse every row?
And do I need to loop the entire process so it works for every new sheet?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Mish_S 

The trigger step won’t return the data from the worksheet.

You’d have to add a Zap step to get the rows.

Then the rows can be put into the Looping step.

Doesn’t step 3 get the rows? I need them to be collected then inputted, and then both steps need to loop.

1. Fake_Name Phone_Number  Email
  2. Fake_Name2 Phone_Number2  Email2

How do I ensure that it goes down the entire column, grabbing row & inputting, and then looping again?

@Troy Tessalone 

@Mish_S

The trigger step won’t return the data from the worksheet.

You’d have to add a Zap step to get the rows.

Then the rows can be put into the Looping step.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Mish_S 

You can review the GSheet Zap trigger/action descriptions here: https://zapier.com/apps/google-sheets/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Step 3 will find 1 row.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Mish_S 

In the GSheet add another column with a common value to be used as the lookup value. (e.g. YES/NO)

Try these steps…

• Action: GSheets - Lookup Rows
  • Action: Looping - Create Loop from Line Items
  • Action: ???