Skip to main content

I would like to make a sorting folder in my google drive. 

I have created a folder called “sorting folder” in my shared google drive. 

I have another folder called “Projects_Simply Tables” where we keep all of our folders with their corresponding project names. For example there is a project called “Eclipse Steakhouse”

I would like to create a zap to automatically move any file I name inside “Sorting Folder” to it’s corresponding project folder. 

So let’s say I have an attachment from an email that has relevant information for the project called “Eclipse Steakhouse.” I would like to add the newly downloaded attachment to the “Sorting Folder” and then name it “Eclipse Steakhouse_other relevant file name info”

Then I’d like Zapier to move the newly named file to the corresponding project folder called “Eclipse Steakhouse_75 Degree Design_Reimans Co._Feb 24”

Is this possible? 

I started a zap for it but I couldn’t figure it out. 

Hi @Colin Kettler 

Try these Zap steps:

1. Trigger: GDrive - New File in Folder
  2. Action: Formatter > Text > Split
    1. Split by _
    2. Keep the first Segment
  3. Action: GDrive - Find Folder
    1. Use the output from Step 2 to search by
  4. Action: GDrive - Move Folder
    1. Map the Folder ID from Step 3
    2. Map the File ID from Step 1

Hi @Colin Kettler,

I just came across your post here and wanted to check in here to see how you’re getting on. Were you able to follow Troy’s suggestion here?

Please do let us know if you’re still in need of some help on this at all - happy to assist further! 🤗

Thanks so much! 

I haven’t had a chance to try this but I will update you both when I do! 

Hi @Colin Kettler,

Yes please, keep us posted on this one. So we can further assistance you just incase you need additional help.