Skip to main content
Best answer

How do I mark shopify fulfillment status as fulfilled

• 4 June 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello, I sell digital items and I want to make it so that when the automation is complete, it would mark order fulfillment status as fulfilled and also notify the customer of shipment like it would notify when you manually fulfill it. I have been trying to do that using ChatGPT and API, but it was unsuccessful, can anybody help me do that? Thanks in advance.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @emilis I helped another member of the community with something very similar. Would you kindly send me more details about the first part of how you want the order to be set as “fulfilled”? Would sending out the digital product be the trigger?

Here’s my zap, it should happen after update spreadsheet row in google sheets.

Hi @emilis I helped another member of the community with something very similar. Would you kindly send me more details about the first part of how you want the order to be set as “fulfilled”? Would sending out the digital product be the trigger?

I have seen that post, however, haven’t found any solution pasted..

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Yes sorry because it was quite custom calling the webhook and api, with the trigger being a less common one. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @emilis,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Unfortunately, the action to create a fulfillment is not supported at the moment. However, we do have an existing feature request for this exact functionality. I have added your vote to the open feature request. That does a few things: 

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

In the meantime you might want to explore API Request (Beta) as a workaround. Just to be upfront, the API Request Beta is considered an advanced feature, so our support for it may be more limited. Not because we don't want to help, but because APIs can be tricky to troubleshoot since we can't see what's happening on the other side. Every API that you send a request to is going to have slightly different structures that are required.

This makes it hard for us to know why the request may be receiving errors or not working as expected, beyond taking a general look at what's showing in Zapier.

Here are some helpful resources:

Hopefully, this helps!