Question

How do I map the text in Google Sheets to category (selection) type attributes in Sendinblue?

• 13 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hi all,

I want to map 2 different results (in text format) from google sheets to category type attributes (which must be selected) in Sendinblue, anyone can help me?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @huybui!

If you need to select different category types based on different values in a single Google Sheets cell you could use a Formatter (Utilities > Lookup Table) action to create a lookup table. That action would allow the Zap to convert the two possible values in the corresponding ID of the category type that needs to be selected. You’d need the corresponding ID for the category type rather than it’s name, as you’d need to use the custom value option to select the value that’s output by the Formatter lookup table. And when using that custom value option it’s the ID for the category type that would need to be selected.

You can find out more about how to work with lookup tables and custom values here:

That said, I realise that adding a Formatter action would create a Multi-Step Zap here so depending on the type of Zapier plan you’re on that may not be a viable solution here. In which case an alternative might be to have the ID for the Sendinblue category type input into the row in Google Sheets when the row is added. Perhaps the a formula could be used in Google Sheets to pull in the correct ID for the category type from a different worksheet? That way the Zap could select the correct category in the Sendinblue action without needing an additional action to be added to the Zap.  

I hope the above information is helpful. If you do give either of suggestions a try here please do let us know how it goes! 🙂