Question

How do I map input values to property creation parameters in the HubSpot App Extension?

• 29 November 2023
  • 4 replies

I’m working with the App extension for HubSpot. 

My goal is to create a table with all the data I need to create a property and run it through the app extension to create the property. (en masse)

I’ve managed to get it to create the property on testing, but it doesn’t use the info I put into the test fields. I know it’s because the body i have put in isn’t done correctly… Here is the body:

"groupName": "contact_activity",  
  "name":"system_a_unique",
  "label": "Unique ID for System A",
  "hasUniqueValue": true,
  "type": "string",
  "fieldType": "text"
}

The values on the right are the ones that end up being inputted and the ones on the left are the keys. What do I need to do to make the values on the right equal the input values in my test

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @camaxon 

Good question.

For us to have full context, please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with how your Zap App Extensions is configured.

Hi Troy,

Here’s some screen grabs of the App Extension Set up. I haven’t currently build the Zap Steps, but it will be when data is inputted into a table, it will use the Fields in the table to fill out the data for each property. The second image has been edit since my inital test, as the body is in my initial post

Hi @Troy Tessalone  The test now works, I am struggling with the live zap now.
I think it’s to do with the authorisation. Do i need to add something into the query parameters?

Fort he context of sharing my body is now working:

"groupName": "{{groupName}}",  
  "name":"{{name}}",
  "label": "{{label}}",
  "hasUniqueValue": "{{hasUniqueValue}}",
  "type": "{{type}}",
  "fieldType": "{{fieldType}}"
}

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@camaxon 

Did you check the link provided in the error message?