Best answer

How do I make Zap link Eventbrite event titles to Eventbrite in Google Calendar?

Userlevel 1

I have a Zap to add new Eventbrite Events to Google Calendar automatically. It seems to work OK, but doesn’t create a clickable link to the event in Eventbrite, although it does include the correct URL (which I don’t really want to see in Google Calendar). Really, I just want the title of the event to link directly to the event on Eventbrite. The only way to link to the Eventbrite event just now is to copy and paste the URL. Any ideas please?

icon

Best answer by ken.a 2 May 2024, 11:26

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @leggroup 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured.

Userlevel 1

I used the default “eventbrite to google calendar” template provided in Zapier to set up the zap. I’m new to this, so would be grateful if you could outline how to get the screenshots that you’d like to see

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@leggroup 

Post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in the Zap Editor in EDIT mode so we can see the field types and fields descriptions.

Userlevel 1

OK, I’m lost there. Anybody else done what I want to do and succeeded (I would guess there are many as it must be a fairly common task), I’d be grateful if you could share

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@leggroup 

The same way you included a screenshot in your original post, we need to see that for how/where you configured and tested your Zap steps.

Userlevel 1

I don’t think this will help. I just want to know how to make the title link to the event.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@leggroup 

GCal Event titles are not clickable.

You can add a link in the Location or in the Description of the Event.

Userlevel 1

@leggroup

GCal Event titles are not clickable.

You can add a link in the Location or in the Description of the Event.

Don’t mean to be obtuse, but you could have said that right at the start. Didn’t really need the screenshots. Unfortunately, the format is pretty useless for me. The worst thing is that the eventbrite URL that gets put there is not even a hyperlink.

Will have to think again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @leggroup,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

It’s not possible to insert a clickable link in the title of the Google Calendar event. However, you can use the “Description” field for that by using HTML. Here’s how:

Use this HTML: <a href="http://www.google.com/">LINK</a> and replace the google.com URL with the Eventbrite URL. Like so:

3d8573c7c015cb24bca93a529fe66c2b.png
(view larger)

Here’s how it looks like in Google Calendar:

e7a538e7e2468d39922fba22ad532896.png
(view larger)

Kindly give it a try and let me know how it goes? I'll keep an eye out for your response!

Userlevel 1

Hi @ken.a . Thank you. That works. The default template was adding in some unnecessary URL’s that don’t work on Google Calendar

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

You are most welcome @leggroup! I’m glad I was able to help!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗