Best answer

How do I make the Zap to not trigger on YouTube Shorts upload?

• 4 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a zap set up to make a WP blog post upon uploading a YouTube Video. However, I’m now uploading YT #shorts all the time and I do NOT want a blog article to be created automatically when I upload these types of videos. 

The best workaround I can think of is to have all YT Shorts be uploaded to a “Shorts” playlist and then use the YT New Video in Playlist action to monitor multiple playlists for new videos uploaded to all other playlists for my channel (e.g. Software Playlist, Tutorial Playlist, Reviews playlist, etc...).However, this would require a LOT of zaps…

Is this possible by using something like a ";" to include multiple playlists in a single field for the zap?

Thanks so much!

icon

Best answer by bbizzle 6 March 2024, 05:41

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @bbizzle 

We will need to see screenshots with how the steps are outlined and configured in order to have more contacts, thanks.

Userlevel 1

Sure! Thanks Troy. 

Here is the overview of the zap. It is currently working, but when I upload a #shorts to youtube it also makes a blog post which I do not want.

My question really comes down to if we change the trigger from new video in channel to new video in playlist, can we list multiple playlists in one field like shown below? I don’t know the proper syntax if so, but I’m guessing it would be something like a “;” if so. Because I put all #shorts in a Shorts folder, this should in theory solve the problem:

Let me know if this is helpful or if you need more info. Thanks again for your help! I really appreciate it!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@bbizzle 

Is there a data point returned from YouTube in Step 1 that indicates the video is a “Short”?

If yes, then you’ll want to add a Filter as Step 2: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

Userlevel 1

Ah! I didn’t realize you could add a filter step! That is a game changer for me!

For those that are curious, this is how I made the modification to get it to work: 

Thanks so much Troy!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome @bbizzle! Big thanks to Troy for pointing you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗