Question

How do I make the Google Calendar + Trello integration not duplicate when I edit an event?

• 22 August 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

uma integração parece correta. Todo evento criado na agenda cria um cartão no trello, porém toda vez que esse evento é editado na agenda um novo cartão é criado no trello, sendo duplicado.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

HI @mateus.silva 

Translated to Englsih with Google Translate: https://translate.google.com

How do I make the Google Calendar + Trello integration not duplicate when I edit an event?

An integration looks correct.
Every event created in the calendar creates a card in Trello, but every time this event is edited in the calendar, a new card is created in Trello, being duplicated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

HI @mateus.silva 

Good question.

Please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to help us have more context.

Userlevel 1

HI @mateus.silva 

Good question.

Please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to help us have more context.

Userlevel 1

It doesn't seem wrong to me, but the problem I mentioned is happening. There is probably some detail that I missed

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@mateus.silva 

The Zap trigger is GCal New/Updated GCal Event.

That means the Zap will fire when there is a new GCal Event or when a GCal Event is updated.

So the same GCal Event can first fire as a new GCal Event, then as an updated GCal Event.

This is why there are duplicates.

Try adding these Zap steps:

1. Trigger: GCal - New/Updated Event
  2. Action: Trello - Find/Create Card
  3. Action: Trello - Update Card
    1. Map the Trello Card ID from Step 2
Userlevel 1

@mateus.silva

The Zap trigger is GCal New/Updated GCal Event.

That means the Zap will fire when there is a new GCal Event or when a GCal Event is updated.

So the same GCal Event can first fire as a new GCal Event, then as an updated GCal Event.

This is why there are duplicates.

Try adding these Zap steps:

1. Trigger: GCal - New/Updated Event
  2. Action: Trello - Find/Create Card
  3. Action: Trello - Update Card
    1. Map the Trello Card ID from Step 2

Unfortunately, I don't have the paid plan and I can only have 1 action. I tried to change the trigger to "new events" and removed the updated events trigger, I hope it works. You were a great help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @mateus.silva! 👋

Just wanted to check in to see how you got on with this. Did switching the Zap to use the New Event trigger for Google Calendar prevent duplicate cards from being created in Trello whenever an event is updated?

Let us know if you still need some help here at all! 🙂