Skip to main content

I’m having issues with getting dynamic values within a zap between Monday.com and Bonsai. The flow I want:

Trigger the Zap: Deal is closed in Monday.

Filter: Stage is Closed Won

Grab related Account & Contact details for those associated with said deal.

Then send this information to Bonsai to create a client. The reason I need to grab this information is that it is required for Bonsai, but is just associated information in Monday. 

When I set up to get contact board values, Zap is forcing me to pick static values. Anyone have advice on how to make this dynamic? Please note - I’m not a developer and novice at Zap! Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Here are screenshots to how the modules are created in Monday:

Deals in Monday
Accounts in Monday
Contacts in Monday
Bonsai fields needed to add client
Bonsai fields needed to create project (client portal)
Current zap workflow

This is where for getting contact board values, it wants me to pick a static contact that is in Monday. But I want it to pull the board values of the contact associated to the deal dynamically. Same for Account. 

Accounts config does similar, It’s pulling each field for the accounts saved and wants us to select just one:

any advice is greatly welcomed!! 

Hi there @OpsNavigator,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, have you tried using the “Get Item by Column Value” action instead? The “Get Item by Column Value” action allows you to search for a Column and use the data from the trigger.

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!

Hi there!  Yes we ended up trying that and resolved our issue! Thanks!

That’s great news @OpsNavigator! We’re glad to hear that the issue is now resolved!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗