Skip to main content
Best answer

How do I make ChatGPT respond once to multiple inbound messages in Facebook Messenger?

I’m trying to get our chatgpt assistant to respond once to a series of inbound messages. Currently if someone sends multiple messages back to back, the assistant will reply to each message. I want it to reply to all messages as one reply.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @kyletheapplianceguy,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

You can try using Digest by Zapier to see if it’ll fit your desired workflow.

You can learn more about Digest by Zapier here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496309901453-Compile-data-in-a-digest-in-Zaps

Hopefully, this helps!

Userlevel 1

Hi @kyletheapplianceguy,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

You can try using Digest by Zapier to see if it’ll fit your desired workflow.

You can learn more about Digest by Zapier here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496309901453-Compile-data-in-a-digest-in-Zaps

Hopefully, this helps!

It looks like this will work but now I’m exceeding a token limit. It’s set to turbo4 giving 30k tokens. I’m using about 33k tokens. Can I reduce this somehow? It’s odd because the example I’m using is a very short question, response is less than 500 characters. Instructions are about 200 characters.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @kyletheapplianceguy,

Could you please send a screenshot of your ChatGPT step setup? Also, please share a screenshot of the error as well.

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!

Userlevel 1

Hi @kyletheapplianceguy,

Could you please send a screenshot of your ChatGPT step setup? Also, please share a screenshot of the error as well.

I hope these are legible enough!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @kyletheapplianceguy,

Thank you for sending the screenshot!

Could you please click on the "Skip test" button and then publish the Zap? After publishing, trigger the Zap to see if you encounter the same error again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @kyletheapplianceguy 👋

Did you continue to get that same error after publishing the Zap and running a live test? 

Let us know whether you’re still in need of any assistance on this - happy to help further! 

Userlevel 1

Hi @kyletheapplianceguy,

Thank you for sending the screenshot!

Could you please click on the "Skip test" button and then publish the Zap? After publishing, trigger the Zap to see if you encounter the same error again.

This didn’t work, still getting the error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@kyletheapplianceguy 

Try updating the Zap step to use the newer ChatGPT Models.

Userlevel 1

I am using the latest model. It caps at 30,000 tokens

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yay! 🎉 Thanks for letting us know that switching to the latest model helped to fix things here @kyletheapplianceguy. And big thanks to Troy for helping out with this! 🙌

Do reach back out to the Community if you need any further help in future. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡ 

Userlevel 1

Yay! 🎉 Thanks for letting us know that switching to the latest model helped to fix things here @kyletheapplianceguy. And big thanks to Troy for helping out with this! 🙌

Do reach back out to the Community if you need any further help in future. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡ 

This didn’t fix it as I was already using the latest model. It caps at 30000 tokens but the zap is running at 35000 tokens. I still can’t run this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @kyletheapplianceguy,

I recommend reaching out to our Support Team regarding this issue since they have the correct tools to look closer at the Zap and its logs.

You can reach our Support Team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

I appreciate your patience and understanding.