Question

How do I make an Excel file updated by Zapier viewable and editable in Microsoft Teams?

• 22 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I am wondering if Zapier is the right tool for this job.

I currently have it so when a Jotform is submitted, the results populate a row in an Excel file. Is there any way to have this file viewable in Teams, so my co-workers can view, edit, and see updates this Excel file? I currently have it so the Storage Source of my Excel file is in OneNote. I know Sharepoint functionality within Zapier is limited. Wondering what the file path should be to have this Excel file in Teams. Wondering what is the best way for my co-workers to view and edit an Excel file that I have being edited with Zapier. 

Thank you and please let me know if you need any more information from me! 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @johnniew. Welcome to the Community! 😁

At the moment it's not possible to access shared Excel files or folders with the Microsoft Excel app unfortunately. I spotted that we have a feature request for this so I've added your vote for that. I can’t make any promises as to whether it’ll definitely be added but if this is something that gets developed we'll sure sure let you know.

In the meantime, I wonder if you could possibly use Microsoft Excel’s workbook linking functionality to automatically add the data the Zap adds to one Excel file, over to another linked Excel file (workbook) that is shared with your co-workers? You can find out more about how to link workbooks here: Create workbook links

I don’t use Excel myself so would love to know whether that workaround does the trick - please keep me updated on whether that does the trick! 🤞