Question

How do I make a Zapier Chatbot ONLY show a "Zap button" with a SPECIFIC response?

• 26 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

I see that a Zapier Chatbot can do Actions.

I want to configure a “Zap button” to show up ONLY when the user types in a certain line of inquiry. It could be as simple as a keyword, or phrasing related to that.

It appears I can’t get more selective — this seems like it’d be a really useful feature and the logical extension of Zapier filters and branching logic?

So what am I missing? Is it possible at all to CONDITIONALLY display a particular Zap?

(Or is this a feature request I should make to Interfaces team?)

Under this dropdown my only choice is “Every time a user gets a response” which is not what I want.

https://i.imgur.com/pxsPC4n.png

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello there, @TORLEY! 😁👋 

You’re not missing anything - it currently isn't possible to only show an action button for a specific type of response.

Judging by the way that Show this action field is currently setup though I’d expect that further options will be added to it in the near future, but we’ve not got any feature requests open for that at present. So it would definitely be worth submitting this to the Chatbots team directly to ensure that the option you’d specifically want is accounted for. 

Let me know if there’s anything else I can help with in the meantime.