Question

How do I look up Term IDs in Quickbooks?

• 19 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I am inserting invoices into Quickbooks and I don’t know how to look up Term IDs in Quickbooks Online.

It seems that there is not a Quickbooks API Action for “Find Term ID” so it makes it hard to find it. I don’t even know how to look it up in the Quickbooks Online UI

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @AmbryHill!

Can I ask if you’re using the Quickbooks online Zapier integration or if you’re making custom calls to the Quickbooks API? With the Zapier integration, you do get a field called ‘Sales term ref’ whith the I’m not aware of a way that you can search for Term IDs, but it’s worth checking if any information about terms is given with the New Invoice trigger, but I’m not sure if that’s the Term ID that you need. 

In the Quickbooks API documentation, there is an object called Term, which has an ID field associated with it, that looks closer to what you’re describing here. 

I hope that gets you pointed in the right direction, if not could you please explain a little more about what you’re trying to do? For example are you trying to trigger a Zap when you get a New invoice? What do you need the Term ID for? etc Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Thank you for your help, Danvers.

I am using the Quickbooks Online Zapier integration and I am creating a invoice from my own ERP system. I have some code that inserts term ID 3, if the invoice I am is Net 30, I use term ID 3… but net 30 is only term ID on my quickbooks online account… but I will be adding this zap to many people’s quickbooks online account, how do I look up their term IDs?