Skip to main content

I’m trying to create a Zap using Meister Task (Time Tracking Software) and google sheets/Xero. Long story short - I am trying to automatically work out the profit on each job we do (circa 60 per month). I’ve managed to get all of the data I need into a google sheet however I stuck at this: 

Our customers usually pay two invoices: 1x deposit and 1x remaining balance. We use the same reference number for each as this corresponds to the project reference number we allocate to it, but I can’t seem to get Zapier to be able to find two invoices when searching the reference number, it only finds one invoice.

Is there a way I can search Xero for all invoices using the same reference number? I have thought about creating a zap that exports all invoices to google sheets, but not sure I will come across the same problem. 

Does anyone have any ideas? 

Hi and welcome to the Community, @james_cliik🎉

Ah yes, the Find Invoice action for Xero is only able to return a single invoice. We don’t appear to have an existing feature requests for the ability to find multiple invoices so I’d recommend reaching out to our Support team to request that they open up a feature request on your behalf for that to be added. You can contact them about that here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help 

As you say, you could keep a log of all invoices created in Xero in an app like Google Sheets which would allow you to search for and retrieve the details for more than one invoice, but wonder if it might be more efficient to try using an API Request action for this. It’s a bit more advanced as you’d need to reference Xero’s API documentation. But it looks like Xero has a GET Invoices endpoint that would retrieve one or multiple invoices that are a match. We don’t have any specific documentation on how to work with Xero’s API in a Xero API Request action but we do have a more general guide for API Request actions that might be useful: Set up an API request action

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. If you run into any issues on that do let us know!