Question

How do I link specific Ko-fi item sales to Square inventory tracking via Zapier?

• 23 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello,
I am trying to use Zapier to track ko-fi item sales, but I do all my inventory tracking in Square since I haven’t done much online commerce until now. I have gotten to the point where I can make the Zaps affect my Square inventory, but I can’t figure out how to tell the test transactions to be related to a specific item; e.g. right now the sample transaction is just something random, but I can’t figure out how to tell the Zap to look at only a specific ko-fi item. So right now any time anyone buys any hypothetical thing, items A, B, C, D, E, or F, on my ko-fi, it subtracts inventory from item A in square, even if someone bought an Item B and C.

I see the “Shop item code” field in the trigger zap, but I can’t find what that specific code would be in kofi, and doing it by name with the “Shop Item Variant Name” seems to not be working.

EDIT: I have tried to buy an item from myself to populate a record and it does not appear to be showing up when i pull for records, help troubleshooting this would also be appreciated.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @PusheeNationg 

You may need to configure the Zap, then test LIVE with the Zap ON to see the real DATA IN/OUT for each step in your Zap Runs: https://zapier.com/app/history/

You may need to use a Lookup Table to translate variables between apps: