Skip to main content

Hello! I have created a a zap that will create a new Google folder when a client is added to a workflow in Highlevel. I need the folder link to be added back to the contact record in HighLevel. 

Here is a loom showing my issue: 

Hi @KWitmer 

Use this link: Alternate Link

Thank you! I realized its creating a brand new contact - how do I have it update the original contact?

@KWitmer 

Perhaps there are duplication settings configured in GHL

https://help.gohighlevel.com/support/solutions/articles/48001181714-allow-duplicate-contact-explained

Thanks Troy. It is not selected in the settings:

@KWitmer 
What about your settings for “Find existing contacts based on”?

Hello there, @KWitmer! 👋

Just came across this and wanted to check in to see how you’re getting on. Were you since able to get the Zap updating the existing contact?

If not, I suspect it might be due to only the Google Drive file having been selected in that Add/Update Contact action. Only the “Mark as Lead” field on that action appears to be a required field so I expect that’s why the tests are going through successfully and creating a new contact. Usually with an add or update action you’d need to use some sort of unique identifier such as an email address or ID so that the Zap knows which existing contact it needs to update.

Can you try selecting an email address for the contact to be updated with that Google Drive file link:
9729c1a2d31993e5318a6da08d0154b1.png

Then test that LeadConnector action again to see if that then updates the contact as hoped?

Keen to ensure you’re all set so please do let us know whether or not you’re still in need of any assistance on this! 🙂