Skip to main content

I have set up a zap that takes the email from my membership list in google sheets and invites them to a reoccurring member event in google calendar. Using the “find event” zap, It finds the event I need to invite them to, and then proceeds to send the invite using the “Send Add Attendee/s to Event” zap.

However, the member is only invited to the next instance of the reoccurring event, not to any future ones. 

How do I ensure the Zap invites the member to all future instances of the reoccurring event?

Hi @DontTouchBoris 

You may have to explore using the GCal API to find all the related recurring GCal Events.

https://developers.google.com/calendar/api/guides/overview

• API Request
  • Custom Action (with the help of AI)

The Looping app can be used to iterate thru each: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help

Ok I ended up troubleshooting this myself and got it working. Including the steps below in case anyone comes across this thread and needs the answer.

Some pre-requisites before starting:

1. You’ll need to add an extra step before executing the “Add Attendee/s to Event” zap. Look for the Google Calendar “Find Event” zap. (for some reason searching for an event directly in the add function will not search for reoccurring events)
  2. Search for the reoccurring event you are looking for based on a key word within the event title (or the exact event title)
  3. Once you have found the relevant event, proceed to the next zap. 

Setting up the “Add Attendee/s to Event” zap:

1. Proceed through the App and Event + Account steps per normal.
  2. On the Action step, it asks for the “Event”. in the drop down menu, select the “Custom” option
  3. Drop down the “Find Event” parameter to see all the available fields.
  4. By default it may try to select the “Event ID”. This event ID is only for the next scheduled event, not the subequent reoccuring events. Scroll down the list of available fields until you find one called “Recurring Event Id”. Select this field for the event zap. 
  5. Continue on with testing as per normal. 

The “Recurring Event Id” will add your attendee to the next available and all future instances of the event. 

Happy Zapping!

This is awesome @DontTouchBoris! Thank you for sharing the solution here. This will be helpful to our Community members who might have the same issue.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗