Best answer

How do I interact with a custom built GPT? (OpenAI GPT Builder)

• 29 December 2023
  • 29 replies

Userlevel 1

I have been using the preset action/events for ChatGPT such as ‘Conversation’ and ‘Conversation with Assistant’. The latter is useful to me because the GPT Assistants can be pre-loaded with knowledge and the Zapier action which has been configured has conversation history which is essential for my implementation.

I have however now built my own GPT using the new GPT Builder feature on ChatGPT PLUS, this is similar to a GPT assistant but with more customisation. I would now like to interact with my custom built GPT in the same way I can interact with an assistant however there is no preset action to interact with a GPT builder instance.

I am guessing this requires me to build a custom action using API calls however I do not have a tech background so this is beyond me. If anyone can help me create a custom action with identical features to ‘conversation with assistant’ but instead make it conversation with a custom built GPT’ that would be amazing!!

Thanks guys

icon

Best answer by SamB 26 February 2024, 10:09

View original

29 replies

Badge

Hi!
Please add my vote too for custom GPT support! Thanks

(Because i think of that now, a thought for Suno.ai integration.
Here some details, Actions would be “Start with Lyrics” including a “Make Random Lyrics”, “Choose a Style” and "Continue From This Song" & “Get Full Song”)

Both of you are amazing, together … It will be a great thing for my final goal which his a fully automated process : 
-  From ChatGPT to Google Sheets to Suno , into a download of thoses songs in a Drive.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @sKunZel!

The feature request is still closed and I can’t make any promises as to when it might become possible to interact with a custom GPT in a Zap. But we’ve added your vote so we’ll be in touch if/when it becomes possible. 

There isn’t a Suno.ai app on Zapier currently but I’ve added it to our internal wishlist on your behalf. It doesn’t guarantee that it will definitely be added to Zapier but we’ll be sure to contact you if it is.

In the meantime, if they have a publicly available API then you might be able to connect to Suno.ai using a Webhooks action, if it supports basic authentication (See: Send webhooks in Zaps). If it requires more advanced authentication methods then you’d need to build a private integration for it on the Developer Platform. You can learn more about how to do that here: https://zapier.com/developer-platform.

Hope that helps! 🙂

Hi All,

Does anyone know of a workaround, possibly involving a different application? It's surprising that such a crucial function isn't receiving more attention and effort from Zapier to find a solution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Nick_JustChill 👋

There isn’t a workaround to access a GPT, even by using another application. Currently the limitation is on OpenAI’s end as it’s not possible to get external access to GPTs:  
1d53bd6cba7495ce9cf5dd4f43563a9c.png
So it won’t be possible to interact with an OpenAI GPT until OpenAI allow API access to GPTs.

The alternative they suggest using is to use their Assistants API. The ChatGPT app on Zapier has actions like the “Conversation With Assistant action” which would allow you to interact with an OpenAI Assistant as it uses their Assistants API. You can learn more about interacting with OpenAI’s Assistants here.

We’ll be keeping an eye on things and will be sure to post an update in the thread here should it become possible to interact with a GPT in a Zap in the future.