Best answer

How do I integrate Venmo donations with Bloomerang?

• 27 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, we’re brand new users of Zapier and our organization already uses Bloomerang for our donor database.

Here’s what we’d like to do:

When a someone donates to our organization via Venmo, we would like that donation to be added in Bloomerang for an existing constituent, and for a new constituent and donation to be added if it’s their first donation.

(We don’t see Venmo as an app in Zapier, but since it uses Paypal’s infrastructure, do we use Paypal’s app for Venmo?)

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 27 June 2023, 22:46

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @JimF1 

Good question.

PayPal and Venmo are different apps.

Venmo does not have a Zap app integration: https://zapier.com/apps

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@JimF1 

If you get email notifications that contain the data points you are seeking, then you can do email parsing.

Options:

1. Mailparser
  2. Code
    1. Action: Run JavaScript/Python
  3. Ask AI
    1. Action: ChatGPT - Extract Structured Data
Userlevel 1

Hi Troy, thanks so much for the quick reply! I appreciate the possible workaround. I’ll share that with my team and see what we’d like to do. 

Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @JimF1,

I’m glad to hear Troy was able to help you out, and point you to the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask in the Community. We’re always happy to help! 😊