Question

How do I integrate Mailchimp with HubSpot and map fields when transferring or creating contacts?

Hi,

I am New to Zapier having been trying a few options to Integrate our MailChimp Account with HubSpot.

I have successfully enabled the ZAP and sent a Test Contact to HubSpot from MailChimp but there are a few Questions I have been unable to confirm before I Publish it and as I have a Free Account I cannot get any Support from Zapier. I am sure the Questions are easy enough if someone could guide me please:

1. If I Publish the Integration, will it only pull in new Contacts from that stage forward or will it try to copy all the Contacts from the Mailchimp DB into Hubspot?
  2. The MailChimp Audience we have is in 2 Segments, ON TRADE and OFF TRADE, Is there a way in which that data can be copied over into HubSpot so that we know which type of Business they are?
  3. In MailChimp, we have a field for “COMPANY” but when I was setting up the Integration I did not see the option to FIELD MAP Company from MailChimp into HubSpot. Any ideas?
  4. As we have a FREE LICENSE with both HubSpot and Zapier, is there a LIMIT to how many Contacts can be transferred Weekly/Monthly?

There may be more questions but that would help at least get me started…

Many thanks for any advice and help!

Dave 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Husky Dave, welcome to Zapier and our Community 😁

I’ll answer your questions below:

If I Publish the Integration, will it only pull in new Contacts from that stage forward or will it try to copy all the Contacts from the Mailchimp DB into Hubspot?

The Zap will only move new contacts, it won't pull in the existing contacts from Mailchimp. 

The MailChimp Audience we have is in 2 Segments, ON TRADE and OFF TRADE, Is there a way in which that data can be copied over into HubSpot so that we know which type of Business they are?

If you create a custom field in HubSpot for the ON/OFF TRADE value, you can map the information from MailChimp into that field. If you don’t have that information in the Mailchimp trigger, you can use the New Subscriber in Segment or Tag Mailchimp trigger. With that, you would set up one Zap to trigger from the ON TRADE segment and one from OFF TRADE. 

In MailChimp, we have a field for “COMPANY” but when I was setting up the Integration I did not see the option to FIELD MAP Company from MailChimp into HubSpot. Any ideas?

Could I clarify your question on this? Do you mean that you have a field in Mailchimp that you don’t see in the data from the Mailchimp trigger? If Company is a merge field that you have in Mailchimp, that should be pulled through with the New Subscriber trigger. Which trigger are you using?

As we have a FREE LICENSE with both HubSpot and Zapier, is there a LIMIT to how many Contacts can be transferred Weekly/Monthly?

On the Zapier side of things, with a Free account you get 100 tasks per month. If you have a Zap with one action, it will use 1 task each time the Zap is triggered (ie when you get a new contact in Mailchimp. If you want to know more about how tasks are counted, please take a look at this help guide: How usage is measured in Zapier

From what I can see in this Hubspot help doc, you don’t need to be on a specific plan to use Zapier and Hubspot together. If you have any additional questions from the Hubspot side of things, it’s best to ask them. 

​I hope that's clear, please let us know if you have any questions!

Good morning,

I am so sorry I only just picked up on your reply.

With regards to these questions:

In MailChimp, we have a field for “COMPANY” but when I was setting up the Integration I did not see the option to FIELD MAP Company from MailChimp into HubSpot. Any ideas?

Could I clarify your question on this? Do you mean that you have a field in Mailchimp that you don’t see in the data from the Mailchimp trigger? If Company is a merge field that you have in Mailchimp, that should be pulled through with the New Subscriber trigger. Which trigger are you using?

So in MailChimp we have a Custom Field called “Company” so that we can record the Company details along with the email, Phone, Tags, First Name and Last Name.

So the Trigger I was using is New Subscriber to Mailchimp as I was working on the basis that if there was a New Subscriber to MailChimp they could be automatically added to our HubSpot DB.

I am not sure if I am just using the wrong trigger, I am setting up configuring something incorrectly or simply the Zapier Integration will not allow custom fields in MailChimp to be mapped to HubSpot?

Again any guidance is greatly appreciated!

Dave 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Husky Dave 🤘 -

First I want to confirm that this is the Zap you have setup? 

Second, can you please confirm you see a dropdown like this? And provide a screenshot of your full Zap setup? In my own research, I don’t see anything indicating that Mailchimp doesn’t support custom fields with Zapier Integration.