Best answer

How do I integrate Google Sheets data with Salesforce picklists?

• 15 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Hello Fellow Community!

I'm in need of assistance with taking data captured from a “New Row” in my google sheet and zapping that data over to one of my Salesforce objects.  

My issue is this:

The google sheet has data that needs to be inserted into fields that have “picklists” and I’m running into an issue where “Zapier” wants to “hard select” a result to always be inserted into the field and is not recognizing that there is a picklist of results to select from on the Salesforce side.

I understand that there is a formatter tool that may help me with this.

In short.

New Row with data → Salesforce object “picklist” field = 😭

Need “New Row” data → Salesforce object “picklist” field = 😎

Does anyone use Zapier with SF that has experience with this?

icon

Best answer by ken.a 15 June 2023, 08:39

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Steven Gutierrez 

Good question.

Zap help articles for using Salesforce: https://zapier.com/apps/salesforce/help

Select more than one value from the dropdown field

If you have a multi-select pick list field in Salesforce then you can select multiple items by using semicolon character ; between them.

Alternatively if you're passing data from a previous step, you can use Formatter to create a string with ; as the separator.

So.  I’m curious if I would have more luck if I just “zapped” from the form response itself and not the google sheet.

The form has two picklist sets.

Favorite color:  Red, Blue

Can your super hero breath under water?:  Yes, No, Maybe

Those are to align with the salesforce “picklist fields”.

Here’s what I’ve got configured on this app as of now.

I imagine these “sections” are supposed to show my “output” options.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Steven Gutierrez,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I think you can get away without adding the “Utilities in Formatter - Pick from list” action. Just a little context about that function. The "Pick from List" function is used to select an item from a list based on its position. This can be useful when you have a list of items and you want to select one specific item from that list. More about the “Pick from list” function here.

Now, about your "picklist fields" from Google Forms and Salesforce. Are the fields like "Favorite Color" and "Can your super hero breathe under water" expecting specific values in Salesforce? If not, you should be able to simply map the fields as a custom value that matches your Google Forms responses.

Please keep us posted! 😊

So.  I got it to work with this configuration.  This is my test configuration, which is similar to how we use g-forms in our org.  Thanks for the suggestions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Steven Gutierrez,

Awesome! Glad to know you were able to get it sorted!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask in the Community. We’re always happy to help! 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Steven Gutierrez 

Perhaps you were looking for this Zap action: Formatter > Utilities > Lookup Table

But that is mean more for data translation.

For example, lookup X and return 1.

NOTES:

The way you have the Formatter > Utilities > Pick from List Zap action steps configure will always result in no output, so those may be useless steps that waste Tasks.

The Operation field is a standardized dropdown list that expects certain values.

Those values do not match the values you have mapped in.