Skip to main content
Best answer

How do I insert information from browse.ai into Google Sheets while adding an incremental number on the same row?

• 5 February 2024
  • 9 replies

I am trying to fin Zapier to do a task for me with getting information from browse.ai and insert to google spreadsheets which I manage to do. BUT.
I also want to add an incremental number on the same row. Is that possible?
In text:
1. Get my Tennis Ranking from Browse.ai
2. Create and insert it on a new row (column 😎 in a Google Spreadsheet.
This 2 steps I manage, here comes the part I dont manage:
3. Insert incremental number (week number of the year) in column A on that new row. (Should be previous week +1)
Example:
Ranking number 64 is inserted in column B on the last created new row.
Previous row shows previous week number 5 so on the new row column A should be created the number 6.

Next week maybe I have ranking 59, that should be inserted on the last new row.
The week number 7 shall be inserted in Column A on the same row.

Can anyone help me with this issue in adding week-number to a newly created row in Google Spreadsheets.

Thank you for a great tool.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @William R V 

Try these action steps:

1. Trigger: Browse.ai
  2. Action: GSheets - Create Row
  3. Action: Formatter > Numbers > Perform Math Operation (Subtract -1)
    1. Step 2 Row ID - 1
  4. Action: GSheets - Lookup Row
    1. Use the output from Step 3
  5. Action: Formatter > Numbers > Perform Math Operation (Add +1)
    1. Use the column value from Step 4 + 1
  6. Action: GSheets - Update Row
    1. Use the ID from the GSheet step 2
Userlevel 1

Thank you for the answer Troy.

I think I need to clearify a little. My mistake.

In step 2 it creates a new row with the value from browse.ai (67) in the column Ranking in my Gsheet. So far so good.

Then I need it to create the correct week number in the Week Column. Either from getting the previous week +1 from row 58, or the Gsheet code =WEEKNUM(NOW())

This should be added to the newly created row from step 2 and added to the Week Column.

Thank you very much for your support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@William R V

Give these steps a try and if you still need help, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured.

Try these action steps:

1. Trigger: Browse.ai
  2. Action: GSheets - Create Row
  3. Action: Formatter > Numbers > Perform Math Operation (Subtract -1)
    1. Step 2 Row ID - 1
  4. Action: GSheets - Lookup Row
    1. Use output from Step 3
  5. Action: Formatter > Numbers > Perform Math Operation (Add +1)
    1. Use the column value from Step 4 + 1
  6. Action: GSheets - Update Row
    1. Use the ID from the GSheet step 2
Userlevel 1

I am stuck at 4. Lookup Row, because task 3 gave me the row ID number 59-1=58 but I need to find the previous number in column A = 5
Attaching images.

Userlevel 1

So the first step is correct and generates the correct value “67” (this week) in column B

The math Operation just takes the Row ID, in this case 59 and generates the number 58.

I think I have problems with the Lookup function, step 4, Its probably me that dont know how it works properly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@William R V 

Try this…

Replace the Lookup Row step with an update Row step, where you don’t actually update any columns.

You will map the Row ID from the Formatter step.

That will return the contents of the Row so you can use in the Formatter step to +1.

Userlevel 1

Thank you very much Troy.

It worked :)

Next question is maybe to tweak the code a little to get the current weeknum from a cell.

Is that possible? I have a second worksheet page with just 1 cell and the code =weeknum(now()) that shows the current week = 6 right now.

Is it hard to get that value in cell Row1 Column1 to be updated on the zap created row on worksheet 1 with week rankings?

Userlevel 1

Hello again Troy

I have solved my problem. I made a new column with the current weeknumber dynamiclly updating every week with the WEEKNUM(NOW()) code.

I used the update row function to get the current week value and put it in the newly created ranking row.

Thank you for all your help, you got me all hooked in solving this problem and I made a solution my self in the end.

Best support ever. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s an awesome news @William R V! We’re glad to hear you solved the issue! 🎉

Also, a big thanks to Troy for pointing you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗