Question

How do I include the name, email, phone numbers from the body of an email into a Google Sheets?

• 22 May 2023
  • 1 reply

So I’ve been scouring videos and articles on this topic. I’m just not getting to the precise problem and solution that I have. I get emails daily that have leads in them. The emails will include name, email, and phone number along with a bunch of other irrelevant data. 

I want to zap the name, email and phone numbers over to a google sheet, but I’m not getting successful zaps. Can anyone help with this? 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there,  @LonnyH! Thanks for reaching out in community!

Can you describe what part of the zap specifically is unsuccessful? Are the proper emails not found or perhaps the wrong information is coming through in Google Sheets?

In general though it sounds like you may need an email parser tool like Email Parser by Zapier or Mailparser! Here’s a hub for some common Q&A using Email Parser by Zapier and helpful resources:

It’s worth mentioning Email Parser by Zapier works best if the lead emails coming through are on some type of template where the format is consistent. More on that in this blog post here.

That said, if the emails aren’t templated then we may need a more robust parsing tool. Here’s a list of some of the ones Zapier integrates with.

I hope some of this helps but if you’re still blocked, let us know! We’re happy to keep digging in with you. 🙂