Question

How do I include product managers based on Salesforce opportunity products in a Zap email?

• 30 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have a Zap where an email is sent when a new customer signs on. 

In the Zap step where I am sending the email, I want to include someone based on the product listed in the Salesforce opportunity. For example:

1. Trigger: Salesforce opportunity moves to Closed-Won. On this Salesforce opportunity, the products that were sold are “Apples” and “Oranges”
  2. Action 1: Send an email and include the (1) product manager for “Apples” and (2) product manager for “Oranges”. 

The tricky part I am running into is these product managers are not listed anywhere in the opportunity so how can I pull them in and include them on the email if and only if their products were listed on the trigger step. For example, if the next time this Zap runs and only “Apples” is listed as the product sold, I’d only want the PM for Apples included on the email. 

Does that make sense? 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @cfalcone01 

Good question.

Sounds like you’ll need to configure and use a lookup table. (e.g. Airtable, Zapier Tables, Airtable, GSheets)