Best answer

How do I include additional size information in eBay listings and access the catalog for proper formatting?

• 23 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I had hired a Zapier Expert who set up a lookup table in Airtable and gave me instructions on how to complete the table matching Ebay names to Square names.  I was good until I got to items like tshirts that had multiple sizes.  What do I use from Ebay to not only match the item, but also the size.  I have written to him several times and requested appointments, but to no avail. This is my missing piece.  Ex. https://www.ebay.com/itm/134098846324?hash=item1f38ea0274:g:wXcAAOSwaqxiWssf    I have each size listed from square - what additional information after the ebay name do I need to include and in what format.  Is there a way to download the catalog from eBay to see their names?  He had showed me something in the coding from eBay but I don’t know where to find it.  Can anyone help with the last piece?  Thank you.

icon

Best answer by MLHS 27 June 2023, 16:05

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @MLHS!

Do you by any chance have an example from the Zap’s run history that shows such an item in an order? Something that has a size attribute to it? That’s where I would start, by seeing if the data coming into Zapier shows anything at all that could be used to deduce what size was ordered.

I ask because I found another thread that seemed to indicate that “size” isn’t something that comes through: 

I was trying to see if there’s anything usable from the trigger data.

Userlevel 1

Unfortunately, I do not.  I have not added the new clothing to the online store yet.  I have been waiting to have this connection finished first. After reading that thread, I am not sure that what I am trying to accomplish will work.  I may just have to put them up and see what happens then adjust manually.  Thank you for checking on that for me.

Userlevel 1

I just had someone from Connex.digital take a look with their 20 minute free call.  He was able to fix my problem with time to spare.  You can use the size attribute and have it work. 

airtable - lookup table - Marblehead Ohio Lighthouse 1/4 zip sweatshirt gray M      In the zap, he used item, line items variation aspects value for the search values

This was the last step I needed!!!  

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey there @MLHS - thank you so much for letting us know what was able to solve your problem with Airtable (which is a very handy tool, we use it all the time here at Zapier). 

Let us know if you run into any other questions and the Community folks here are happy to point you in the right direction. Best -Rachael