Question

How do I import Microsoft Teams chat messages into Excel using Zapier?

• 19 October 2023
  • 7 replies

Hi. I want to create a Zap that inputs information from a message sent in Microsoft Teams chat (exports specific information and values) into an Excel sheet (add a new row into an Excel table for every message). In the “Action” field of importing th info into Excel what “storage source” should i choose (One Drive or Sharepoint) and most importantly what type of link should i include in “spreadsheet” ? 

Thanks in advance.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Syrine 

Good question.

To help us have more context please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

For the Source, you’ll want to set that to where the Excel spreadsheet is hosted.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Syrine 

We would need to see more screenshots to have full context about how that Zap step is configured.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Syrine 

This is likely a contributing issue.

The Folder field is a dropdown field with options.

Each option in the list has 2 values. (top/bottom)

If you are going to map a dynamic variable, the value must match to a bottom value for an option.

Hi Troy Tessalone. What do you mean each option has 2 values (top and bottom) ?

Are they supposed to have 2 values or not? If not, how can i fix it and what does that have to do with the spreadsheet?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Syrine 

EXAMPLE

The Table field is a dropdown list of standardized options.

If I want to dynamically use the “Items” table, then I would need to pass in the value “tblmPY...”.

That is what is meant by the top and bottom values for a dropdown list option.