Skip to main content
Question

How do I import advertisement data from Microsoft (Bing Ads) to Zapier?

• 5 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi there!

I’m trying to find my way around importing advertisement data from Microsoft (Bing Ads).

Contrary to Google, where you just POST for simple report, Microsoft seems to be very complicated.

There is nothing currently in Zapier to feel satisfied about in this regard.

In general I’d love a little feedback on how getting around with Microsoft Advertising. 

Thanks,

Alex

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community @Alex Avesco! 🎉

I had a look but it doesn’t seem like the Microsoft Advertising app currently has any actions that would allow you to export data from it’s Bing Ads. There’s only these actions available currently:
c249dacef469475bc18d5412b6624ae2.png
So I’d suggest contacting our Support team to submit a new feature request for the ability export ad data. You can do that here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help 

I did see that there’s an existing feature request for a “New Lead” type of trigger to be added which could work as an alternative way to access the desired Bing Ads data as an when it’s created and allow you to pass that over to another app where you can then generate a report. So I’ve gone ahead and added your vote for that, hope that’s ok. I can’t make any promises around when it would become available but we’ll be sure to send an email notification to you as soon as it is.

In the meantime, it appears the Bing Ads API would requires OAuth authentication methods to be used when connecting to their API so Webhooks by Zapier can’t be used (it only supports basic auth) as an alternative way to connect to their API to generate a report. And as there’s aren’t any API Request actions available for the Microsoft Advertising app the only way you’d be able to connect to their API in Zapier would be to build out a private integration on our Developer Platform. It’s a bit more advanced but if that’s something you’d be interested in exploring you can learn more about how to do that here: https://zapier.com/developer-platform

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. If you have any further questions or if there's anything else I can help with do let me know! 🙂