Best answer

How do I Implement "If/Then/Else" logic with Paths and Storage in Zapier?

• 2 November 2023
  • 2 replies

I tried to implement if/then/else with Paths and Storage, but the parallel nature of paths thwarted me. 

1) First, I send “False” to storage with an that is consistent throughout the Zap run.

1. Then I have complicated branching logic. When a successful branch is found, I send “True” to storage

1. Then, I have an always-run path that checks the value of this conditional. Has any path been successful? 

Ive seen in some places that paths run sequentially from left to right, but my testing seems to indicate that they run in parallel, so how do we implement “Do this, if no other paths have been successful?”

icon

Best answer by rnordin 2 November 2023, 22:43

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

NVM. I found a similar approach that does the if/then/else in javascript, sets a variable and filters on the results. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for following up here to let us know about the solution you found, @rnordin. Nice work on that! 🙌

Sounds like you’re all set for now but please do reach out to the Community again in future if you ever need help with your Zaps - we’re always eager to help! 🤗