Skip to main content

Hi guys,

I would like to create a round robin style lead distribution, but have zapier assign up to 3 leads per sales rep before assigning to the next. Each time a lead comes in the zap should check if the previous seller has gotten 3 leads, then move on to the next seller and assign the next 3 leads that come in.

This similar to the regular round-robin lead distribution that assigns 1 lead per seller randomly but in this case it would be 3 leads and check if the limit of 3 leads has been reached before moving on to the next seller. 

Hope this makes sense. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hi @michael-annuityfyi 

Good question.

Related topics for round robin: https://community.zapier.com/search?q=round+robin

@michael-annuityfyi 

This type of solution and logic could be built in Airtable: https://zapier.com/apps/airtable/integrations#triggers-and-actions

@Troy Tessalone Thanks for the suggestion. At this point we are using Capsule CRM that receives the leads. When the leads get assigned they need to go into the logic I mentioned above where they get sorted between the sellers by every 3 leads. Those leads get written into the advisors google sheet.

@michael-annuityfyi 

If Capsule CRM doesn’t offer the desired round robin functionality, then you would need to create custom logic.

Airtable can be used to track and assign the leads.

Plus, you could use Airtable instead of GSheets.

@Troy Tessalone

I will checkout if Airtable is a good option, looks pretty good.

In case we can’t move forward using Airtable, however, would you have a suggestion on how to create a logic in zapier to distribute leads in that manner and using only google sheets? 

I am a bit at loss where to begin with such a logic.

@michael-annuityfyi 

You need to configure custom logic configured to track and count the leads and who those are assigned to.

Plus you need to think thru and define what should happen for these types of conditions...

1. Does the logic reset each day or carry over?
  2. Is there a specific order/priority among the advisors? (e.g. Advisor C first, then Advisor A, then Advisor B)
  3. What happens when you add another advisor, how does that impact the logic?
  4. What happens when you want to pause an advisor from getting leads?
  5. What happens when you want to change the # of consecutive leads that get assigned to an advisor? (e.g Advisor A should get 5, Advisor B should get 2, etc.)

By using an app like Airtable, all of the analysis and assignment can be done rather than via Zaps, which would save on Zap Tasks.

Bottom line, you need to make sure you are building a system that has some flexibility for changes over time.

@Troy Tessalone 

Thanks for the thorough walkthrough, its defintely something we will consider. I think for now, we will do a simple round robin solution and later on look to see if Airtable is a solution for the more complex logic we would like to set up. Thanks for the help!