Best answer

How do I have the entire email or the vast majority passed through to ChatGPT?

• 30 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I currently have the Pro Plan and am using Zapier with ChatGPT to draft response emails through Microsoft Office.  After viewing multiple Zap Run’s, I noticed that the “Data In” was limited to about 200 characters (without spaces).  Below is an example from a Run where you can see the email is cut off after “BUT we would also lik”.  I’m thinking this is limiting the quality of ChatGPT’s responses.  How do I have the full email (or the vast majority of the email) passed through to ChatGPT?

icon

Best answer by bgatta44 2 January 2024, 16:53

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community @bgatta44! 👋 And happy new year! 🎉 

That’s odd, the Microsoft Office trigger should be providing the full text from the email. I know that there’s a Body Preview field output by the New Email (Microsoft Office 365) trigger, which would likely have a character limit. So could it be that the Body Preview field was selected in the ChatGPT action instead of the Body Content field that contains the full email text? 

If so, can you try selecting the other field in the ChatGPT action and confirm whether that then sends the full email text over to ChatGPT? 

Looking forward to hearing from you! 🙂

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Sam - 

That’s exactly what happened….I’m a beginner and the HTML labels in the Body Content was a bit scary.  However, I just used Zapier Formatter to remove the HTML labels and it’s now seeing the entire email message.  I’ll still need to do some testing - but it looks like this put me on the right track.  Thank You!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

No worries @bgatta44. Really pleased you were able to get it sorted by adding a Formatter action to strip out the unwanted HTML from the message - nice work! 🙌

Please do get in touch again if there’s anything else you need assistance with at all - the Community is always here and happy to help!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks @SamB - I’ve done more tests and it’s working perfectly - You’re the greatest!!!