Question

How do I get the sender's information of a DocuSign envelope?

• 15 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi!

I am trying to set up a Zap that triggers when an envelope is sent on DocuSign, filters documents only sent by certain members of my organisation, and sends an email to the sender of that envelope. 

However, I have set up the trigger and run a few tests and it seems like Zapier doesn’t return the sender’s information, which is very frustrating because other similar platforms do. 

Is there a workaround to this that would allow me to find the sender’s name and email?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @CPteam 

Good question.

In the sample DocuSign trigger data it appears that if there are multiple Signers then the Signer Role may be indicated in the creationReason (e.g. sender) field.

Userlevel 1

Hi @CPteam 

Good question.

In the sample DocuSign trigger data it appears that if there are multiple Signers then the Signer Role may be indicated in the creationReason (e.g. sender) field.

Hi @Troy Tessalone, thanks for your reply! 

However, the problem is that the sender is not a signer, so it doesn’t appear in that list. They only upload and send the document, but other people are the ones signing it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@CPteam 

You’d have to explore using the DocuSign API to see if you can derived the Sender info for a given Envelope: https://developers.docusign.com/docs/esign-rest-api/reference/envelopes/

There is a DocuSign API Request Zap action.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone 

I can’t find that action. Can it be because it’s still Beta and maybe not available in my country (Germany) or am I missing something?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@CPteam 

The API Request is now in open Beta and the help article lists DocuSign as supported:

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/12899473501453-Create-an-API-request-in-your-Zaps#which-apps-offer-api-request--0-1