Question

How do I get the number of units purchased per payment from Stripe?

• 22 July 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m attempting to get the number of units purchased (quantity) per payment in Stripe.  Now that you can create a product payment link in Stripe using Zapier and set minimum and maximum quantities for customers to select, how can I collect the quantity of a product that is purchased in Stripe to send that amount to my backend database?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hello @Bdub 

There are many triggfers for Stripe.So try each of them with the Test Data and see which trigger brings you the quantity of the product in the dataout from the trigger step

Userlevel 1

Hi Satya 

Perhaps I should have been more specific.  I’ve already tried the Stripe trigger data.  None of them give product, checkout, or receipt information, mostly just payment information.

I’m assuming now that this is by design.  Stripe and Zapier probably have agreed upon parameters for Stripe/Zapier “dataouts”, as you put it.

As an alternative solution, does anyone know if Zapier’s Webhooks can retrieve customer, product, and checkout data for successful Stripe payments?

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Bdub! Thanks for reaching out.

I want to say the “New Invoice” and “New Payment Link” triggers should pull all the fields you’re looking for! Would either of those work for you?

At the moment, it doesn’t appear the “New Payment” trigger supports the quantity field though. 😔 If that’s the trigger you’re looking to use - I’m happy to add your vote to the open feature request for this. While it doesn’t guarantee it’ll get implemented it does help us track interest in this moving forward.

Let me know if that’s something you’re interested in and I’ll get ya added.

In terms of if Webhooks by Zapier would do the trick - I imagine you definitely could, if you’re comfortable setting that up! Here’s a few resources to get you started if you’d like to give that a shot:

Along with the Stripe API reference: https://stripe.com/docs/api

I hope this helps!