Skip to main content

Hello everyone!

I am looking for a solution to a time zone issue, I have tried everything within my abilities.

Starting point / current status:

I have two zaps:

1. Calendly invites create a new lead & contact in Close and start a confirmation SMS sequence with the scheduled date (in the invitees timezone). This zap includes a "Find a meeting" step because Calendly creates the meeting in Close in my current timezone. I think this is the main problem with the next zap.
  2. The other zap starts when the user responds with a particular text in Close, from where I start an email + SMS sequence, and the first email I want to include the confirmed date in the invitee's timezone.

The problem lies in the second zap, because there I cannot get the correct timezone from Close, because it is already formatted to my timezone, which is pretty much different from the invitees timezone.

I have tried many things:

• Create a task in Close based on the invitees booking (task was automatically created in my timezone)
  • Creating a custom action to find an SMS (did not work as I expected)
  • Tried to create a new trigger inside the first zap for the SMS reply (didn't work, maybe it would?)

So in short, the desired outcome would be: when I get a new sms reply in Close with a specific text, an email would be sent to the invitee containing the TIME and DATE of the booking in the invitee's TIMEZONE.

I appreciate any ideas.

Hi @sht 

Use a custom field in Close to track the Invitee Time Zone from Calendly. (e.g. America/Los_Angeles)

Then use a Formatter > Date & Time > Format step to adjust the time zones from yours to theirs.

https://zapier.com/apps/formatter/help

Thanks @Troy Tessalone !

This was my first solution, I just wasn't patient enough when creating the custom fields in Close, so it didn't show up in Zapier. But now it is there and works like a charm.

Thanks for the thought!

That’s great news @sht! A huge thanks to Troy for lending a hand and pointing you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗