Best answer

How do I get invoice numbers and subscription references from GoCardless payments in my teams?

• 8 September 2023
  • 11 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hi all, I have recently tried linking our GoCardless to teams so that I am notified of when payments are made, however I am unable to pull the data required which is the actual description of the payment that usually contains invoice number and the subscription reference. Is there anything I am missing regarding this?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by SamB 11 September 2023, 11:57

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ew-ryan 

Good question.

To help us have more context, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

Hi Troy, I have deleted it as I thought I would start from the beginning but I had it setup so GoCardless triggers once a ‘payment is paid out’ which then linked to a teams conversation, then I selected the outcome through the dropdowns where it would suggest ‘Linked company name’, ‘Linked company email’ etc. to send within the message. I took a screenshot of the test results from the GoCardless trigger and will paste it here with information withdrawn - 

I was hoping in here it would be able to pull the value, description and the subscription reference to help automate this process for myself.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ew-ryan 

The Zap trigger for GoCardless Payments Paid Out is different than a payment being made to you.

Perhaps try this Zap trigger: GoCardless - Payment Secured

I have just tried this by changing to payment secured but I am still unable to see any value, description and subscription reference. Unless Zapier doesn’t currently pull this data from GoCardless instead just notifies of payments without referencing values etc?

Apologies for any confusion.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ew-ryan 

You may want to try reaching out to GoCardless Support to ask for guidance as they likely created and manage their Zap app integration.

Either the desired data point isn’t available for the triggers you are trying or you need to use other GoCardless APIs to lookup up additional info about the payment to get the desired data points.

Thanks for the help Troy, I will see what they suggest!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @ew-ryan! 👋

I did some digging on this side and found that there’s an open feature request to have those details returned from GoCardless. So I’ve gone ahead and added your vote to that.

There’s no workarounds reported for this at present but if we come across any we’ll be sure to share details of them here. And while we can’t make any promises around when or if that would be implemented by, we’ll definitely let you know by email the minute it is. 🙂

Userlevel 1

We are also after this same information to pass across too. Be interested to find the feature request and add our vote!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Basingstoke East Scouts,

I have added you as another interested member to the open feature request. While we can’t provide an exact timeframe for the feature’s implementation. We will notify you via email once there is.

Thanks!

Hi @ken.a, could you please add me to the feature request? We also need to see the amounts related to the payment made. Compared to the usual integrations, the GoCardless one looks to have very little information there.

Is this something Zapier team works on or is this with GoCardless themselves?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Greg Wilkes,

I have added you as another interested member to the open feature request. We can’t make any promises for the feature request’s implementation, but we will let you know via email once the feature has been implemented.

Additionally, the Gocardless owns and updates that integration so it may be worth it to reach out to them and let them know you'd like to have that feature added.

They do have access to the feature requests in our system, but it always helps if they hear directly from their users as well.

Hopefully, this helps.