Question

How do I get help from Zapier about a threat actor accessing my account?

• 16 May 2023
  • 1 reply

One of my domains was compromised and any email to an address with that domain is getting into the hands of the compromisers. 

It’s been two weeks without crucial Zaps working and we have had nothing useful from Zapier support (they recommended we talk to these bad actors and ask them to forward us our Zapier emails). 🤯

There is intellectual property in the account that we can't lose.

Can someone please explain the technical reason why we can’t resolve this? There are many ways to prove that this is our account so why can’t the zaps be duplicated to a new account, bypassing the email issue? 

Or why can’t they just change the primary account email?

If someone stole your car keys, that doesn’t mean they now own your car, right? Well, that is exactly what’s happening here, and it makes zero sense.

Please, someone, anyone, help.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi there

I’m really sorry that you’ve experienced this attack on your Zapier account, I can’t imagine how worrying and frustrating it must be. I can see that you’ve been in touch with the support team, who have escalated this to the relevant team. Hopefully, they will be able to get a resolution for you as soon as possible.